Thursday, August 7, 2008

Human Nature

Human nature is the concept that there are a set of logical characteristics, including ways of thinking, feeling and acting that all normal human beings have in common. The branches of science associated with the study of human nature include sociology, sociobiology and psychology, particularly evolutionary psychology and developmental psychology. Philosophers and theologians have also carried out research on human nature.


In pre-modern and non-scientific understandings of nature, human nature is understood with reference to final and formal causes. Such understandings imply the existence of a divine interest in human nature, and/or the existence of an ideal, "idea," or "form" of a human which exists independently of individual humans.

According to the accepted modern scientific understanding, human nature is the range of human behavior that is believed to be normal and/or invariant over long periods of time and across very different cultural contexts.

The existence of an invariable human nature is a subject of much historical debate, particularly in modern times. Most famously, Darwin gave a widely accepted scientific argument that humans and other animal species have no truly fixed nature.

11 comments:

Lynne said...

Nice article you got there. Studying human nature in real sometimes difficult. When i read that topic here how, it enhance me more knowledge.

Joseph said...

Hello Dhirendra,

You know one of my favorite article to talk about is the "Human Nature". And you have it there in your blog. So i got eager to see what's inside of that. I'm right! You got accurately and clearly discussed something there. I hope you will be publishing more on that.

Unknown said...

Hi there! I have a project which my teacher gave me. He assigned me the topic about human nature. I want my project to be unique to every one, that's why i surf here. And i found you have that topic in your blog. So i'm fervent to read what's inside your blog. I was stunned. It's a very good discussion there. It helped me a lot. Do you have something more to come?

robert said...

I was confident when i read your article about "Human Nature". I'm sure after reading your article by many, they will be contented with the content of that. I hope this will not be the last of that kind. I'm sure you will have a lot there stored for us.

maita said...

If someone have reasons why they are reading your articles, then there are good. If someone keeps on reading your articles, then I may say that they are using their minds. Notable one will be in here.

diego99 said...

Good blog. It’s very noticeable to every readers specially. You have proven something to it. I’m sure there will be more. I'll be waiting for that.

liza said...

I've wanted to contact you many times to let you know how much I have enjoyed reading your article. It’s so many wonderful.

annie said...

Sorrow can take out of everyone in a boring moment of his life. By just reading some good articles life will get the full value of joy we must have. That’s why I keep on passing by on your blog. I always got interested whenever I read it.

Unknown said...

I have learned things in your article. It's very nice.

rmolina350 said...

I’m thankful I'm rich not with money but with knowledge, I learned from the articles in your blog. I may not have the most expensive things but I've got a most valuable jewel………your blog

Anonymous said...

Nice Article. its really difficult to understand human nature. your article gives me better understanding of the subject.