Saturday, July 11, 2009

Showers send Amdavadis into raptures

Good morning friends. Most people were enjoying with the rain. Different people, young and old were enjoying their time with the rain.

As the city sky roared with thunder and it poured cats and dogs on the parched earth, Amdavadis rushed to the roads to celebrate the much-awaited rains. "As soon as it started raining, my friend and I went to the Shivranjani flyover and sat on the footpath, drenching in the shower. We then grabbed hot pizzas from Paldi Bhattha and thoroughly enjoyed the first rain of the season," said Vandit Modi, a 20-year-old student.

Young and old alike, people rushed to the streets, especially near IIM and Vastrapur. Families were seen singing on the roads and having a good time - despite the water-logged streets. "Last night, my family and I took advantage of the rain god's blessings and hit the roads. We enjoyed ourselves, especially my seven-year-old daughter," said businessman Rishit Sheth, 36.

Law Garden emerged to be the most-sought-after destination for those looking for culinary delights. "My friends and I had hot dalwadas and chai at a kitli in Law Garden. It was the perfect way to spend such a beautiful night," said an elated Archita Bhalotia, 17.

As the roads were flooded with water, commuting got difficult for many. But all you had to do was look around and somebody was sure to extend a helping hand! "Due to the heavy rains, cars got stuck in the mud. My friends and I helped people push the vehicles. We also played games in the rain and ran about splashing water on each other," said Dilip Rathod, 10, a resident of Gulbai Tekra, showing off his muddy pants from last night. –
The Times of India

No comments: